Cycling – Benefits to your Community
Promoting Healthy Cycling in your local community > Cycling – Benefits to your Community
Below are just a few of the many benefits that cycling can provide to your local community and its people:
Reduction in Traffic Congestion: reduces traffic congestion on our roads.
A Cleaner Environment: reduces air and noise pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
Improved Public Health: promotes cardio-vascular activity and reduces stress and respiratory problems.
For the Whole Community: an affordable healthy lifestyle option for all people.
- For ten years bicycles have outsold cars, causing a growing community need for quality cycling training in Australia.
- Cycling provides an affordable, sustainable healthy lifestyle option for all community members with no ongoing membership or class fees associated with other lifestyle programs.
- Cycling is the fourth most popular physical activity in Australia attracting a wide demographic including serious sportspeople, children, families, commuters and older Australians.
- AustCycle is Australia’s only national cycling accreditation program that teaches bike handling skills to community members.
- AustCycle Teachers are trained to adapt and modify the training program to meet the individual needs of their trainees such as those from disadvantaged or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- AustCycle provides training for all levels, giving all Australians the skills and confidence to ride more.
- The economic benefit of cycling participation to the Australian health system has been calculated to be over $200 million per annum.